As you know the Tully Hill Leadership Team is continuing to evaluate and adjust our business practices as coronavirus pandemic continues to evolve.
We have implemented the following changes and encouraged staff to take the following actions to help minimize risk:
- Employees must have their temporal temperature taken 2x/day by a Nurse. Any employee exhibiting signs and symptoms of respiratory illness (fever >/=100.0 F, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath) will be instructed to leave immediately.
- 1st – Immediately upon arrival each day
- 2nd – Prior to leaving the facility at the end of each shift
- Employees must wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Patients are also encouraged to wash their hands often and use hand sanitizer if they cannot access a sink.
- Employees must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer in between patients (ie. passing meds, doing care maps, etc).
- Everyone is advised to cover their mouth and nose with a tissue or the crease of the elbow and always wash their hands after sneezing, blowing their nose, coughing or after touching used tissues.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth. Always wash your hands after touching your face.
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with coworkers and patients, whenever possible. Avoid shaking hands and always wash your hands after physical contact with others. Try not to use coworkers’ phones, desks, pens, etc. Minimize staff meetings – use email and phone to communicate, if possible
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle; attention to rest, diet, exercise and relaxation helps maintain physical and emotional health
Employees experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness (fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath) are advised to self-quarantine at home and contact their local Health Department for further guidance prior to returning to work. Employees are also advised to contact their PCP by phone immediately for instructions. Employees experiencing severe symptoms (ie. shortness of breath) should call 911.
We appreciate the dedication of our staff and their adherence to our policies and required guidelines. Thank you for continuing to do the important work that we do.